I finished these two bags a couple of weeks ago, but it's taken me weeks to get them photographed and posted.
These are my first attempts at designing a handbag template...a little off as you can see. I think I'll just copy a pattern from Machine Made Patchworks 2 for my next bag so that I don't end up with huge, too wide, too floppy bags.
I suppose making a muslin sample first would have shown me that the pattern I made was flawed, but then again...I don't do trial runs. : ) These bags are too wide to keep their shape (the bag bows in half when there is anything in it) and they just turn into sacks with a strap once their in use.
But, I really like the fabric that I used and the quilting turned out well, so they are both in rotation until I make another replacement for them.
On a lighter (or heavier note)...Jon and I started the cider mill rounds this weekend. First we made a trip to the Rochester Cider Mill on Saturday by ourselves before a wedding reception and then we went to Yates Cider Mill on Sunday with some friends. We're both still recovering from our sugar and doughnut rush...perhaps this could be the problem: