some japanese crafting

Sunday, September 30, 2007



This issue (#28) of Cotton and Paint arrived last week. It's my first time checking out this magazine and I'm highly impressed. I was immediately drawn to this image and got to work on my own versions.





I loved the flower pattern on this bag, but I didn't have any of it in my stash, so I made these two instead.



some flowers:



It's a thicker canvas fabric and the design on it is in a soft embossed velvet (purchased in Japan earlier this year). It is now being used as the home for my wip, granny square afghan.



some orange:



The fabric on this tote is from a Tikoli tea towel that I bought at the Bureau of Urban Living in Detroit (thanks Jodi!). I was excited to finally make something out of it...it's been calling my name from my shelf for quite a while. Now this bag is stocked with all my supplies for my felting class tomorrow night. I can't wait!



• • •



Here are some of my favorite images and projects from the magazine:







looks like granny squares are making their way to placemats.





love this bag...it's next on my list for this magazine



No comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Be sure to leave your email address if you would like a response from me.

Blogger Template created by Just Blog It