new hat

Tuesday, December 18, 2007



I finished up my first hat last night. I found a pattern for an easy hat here and then adjusted it for my yarn. I used Red Heart Soft Yarn from Joanns and cast on 104 stitches on size 6 16" circular needles. From there I followed the pattern until the end. I ran into a few problems at the end when I realized how useful double pointed needles would have been. The ends of my adjustable circular needles just weren't cutting it, but I made it work and was able to finish the hat without

having to purchase a new tool.





I wanted Shinji to model the hat for me, but he was clearly not a fan!





Don't worry...he forgave me two minutes later after I gave him a nice head scratch and belly rub!



2 comments

  1. Congrats on your first hat! It looks great. Yes, you need to invest in some DPN's to make your life easier. I am making a hat that starts from the top, DPN's first and then Circ's.
    I like that color. What is it called? I have been using the Red Heart Soft for a few small projects and I like how soft it is. I had my eye on a seafoam blue color I saw at Michaels recently. But I didn't want to increase my stash with no project in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it looks great! And the photos of the cat are too funny!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Be sure to leave your email address if you would like a response from me.

Blogger Template created by Just Blog It